On the show today we have Jake Bernstein, an internationally recognized futures analyst, trader and author.
He’s written more than 41 books, along with numerous research studies and newsletters on futures trading, stock trading, trader psychology & economic forecasting.
He has appeared frequently on radio and television throughout the United States and Canada, including Wall Street Week and CNBC. He also lectures extensively in the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.
Jake has pioneered numerous technical, cyclical and seasonal methodologies.
- Seasonality – it’s not just about the weather
- Seasonality in the stock market
- Criticisms of seasonality
- How combining seasonality with other technical indicators can increase the probability of success
- The 2 most important aspects to manage when trading
- How to be a disciplined trader
- How to determine if a system suits you
- How to identify trading weaknesses
- The type of people that make the best traders and why
Resources & links
- To learn more about Jake and his work, checkout his website at jakebernstein.com
- You can catch him on Twitter @drtrade
- He also has a seasonality website at seasonaltrader.com
- Recommended Books:
The Undeniable Accuracy of Seasonals | Jake Bernstein:
Top 5 tips from the chat
- Combining seasonality with other technical indicators can increase the probability of success.
- Discipline comes from confidence which comes from having methodologies that work.
- Don’t believe anything that anyone tells you until you’ve seen it for yourself. Validate it.
- Trading successfully is really all about the rules but you can’t follow the rules unless you understand the internal workings. “You need to know how the sausage is made.”
- Story of Larry Williams scouring Chicago Chinatown for take away wine, with the lesson being “Don’t quit. If you know what you want to do and you have your methodology, just keep doing it and it will work.”
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
19 April 2015