Larry Williams has been a guest of the podcast before, sharing insights from 50 years of trading in Episode 20.
In 1987 he won the World Cup Championship of Futures Trading ® *, turning $10,000 in to over $1.1 million in 12 months.
He is a published author, with a long list of best-selling books and has also created a number of market indicators including Williams %R, Ultimate Oscillator, the Williams Accumulation/Distribution Indicator, COT indices, cycle forecasts, market sentiment and value measures.
In this episode we’ll be discussing algorithmic forecasting, the methods and applications of forecasting, cycles and seasonality, plus some forecasts for the markets in 2016.
In this episode we discuss
- Why algorithmic forecasting can be so interesting and so challenging
- Is forecasting just an academic exercise or can it actually be applied to real trading?
- The difference between Larrys forecasts and others made in the media
- How past cycles can project what may happen in the future
- How Larry actually generates forecasts based on past market behaviour
- Factors that can make forecasts inaccurate and why some factors aren’t even considered when forecasting
- How the forecasting process has changed over the years
- Forecasts for the Australian and US markets in 2016
- Which factors have the best forecasting ability
Show your support
While you’re listening, it would be great if you could show your support by leaving a brief review of the podcast in iTunes. This really helps to spread the word and reach even more listeners!
*Trading futures and forex involves significant risk of loss and is not suitable for everyone. Past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. The World Cup Championship of Futures Trading is a registered mark of Robbins Trading Company’s affiliate Robbins Financial Group. Accounts trading in the World Cup Trading Championships (WCC) do not necessarily represent all the WCC accounts controlled by the competitor and may produce results different than the results achieved in other WCC accounts of the competitor.
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
17 January 2016