Today’s guest is a trader that has been requested quite a few times actually, I’ve had a lot of requests to have this person as a guest on the show, and the guest is Adam Grimes.
Adam has two decades of experience in the industry as a trader, analyst and system developer and is currently Chief Investment Officer of Waverly Advisors.
He’s previously held positions at Level Partners, MBF Asset Management and SMB Capital and is the author of ‘The Art & Science of Technical Analysis: Market Structure, Price Action & Trading Strategies’.
For those of you that know Adam and his work, his approach to trading is a mix of quant and discretion, and I think even if you’re a purely systematic or quant based trader it’s interesting to hear other people’s approaches and points of view.
So we start off the chat by discussing his approach of mixing quant and discretionary models, and then we move onto behavioral factors in the market and why approaches that look at the market as purely rational fail.
We then end the chat discussing Keltner channels and their applications to trading, so there’s quite a variation in topics here but I’m sure you’ll find it interesting.
- Why behavioral factors in the markets are so important and why approaches that look at the market as purely rational fail
- How Adam adds a discretionary overlay to a quantitative framework and the insights from doing so
- The application of Keltner Channels in trading
Check our sponsor
Market System Analyzer is a software product designed to help maximize the performance of your trading strategies. It can be used to:
- Analyse and provide detailed performance statistics
- Find the optimal position sizing to reach your trading goals
- Detect over-optimized trading systems and prevent curve-fitting.
- Assess the sensitivity of trading results to trade order
- It also contains features such as Monte Carlo analysis and Equity curve trading
- Adam can be contacted through his website adamhgrimes.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget to follow him on twitter @AdamHGrimes
- Books mentioned in the show:
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
8 August 2016