There are a number of different aspects to trading that we really need to get a handle on to increase our odds of success. Some aspects we often put a lot of thought and analysis into, and others we may not consider so carefully or at all, which could be impacting our trading results without us even realizing.
Todays guest, Dr Howard Bandy, is here to discuss the foundations of trading, and some of these aspects we really need to consider, whether we’re just starting out or a more experienced trader.
Howard has over 50 years experience in the research and application of modelling and simulation of financial systems.
He has previously worked as a senior research analyst for a CTA firm, is a consultant to trading companies and individuals, as well as being an international speaker and publishing a number of books on quantitative trading systems.
In our chat today, you will learn:
- How to systematically choose the right markets to fit you risk profile, trading style and objectives
- The 3 characteristics a market must have to be tradable
- The difference between Impulse signals vs State signals and how they can be used to manage trades and monitor trade health
- The four parameters you need to understand to define your own risk tolerance
- Choosing the best objective function to evaluate trading strategy performance
Thanks to our sponsor – Alvarez Quant Trading
For beginner and intermediate courses on AmiBroker & Backtesting, check out Alvarez Quant Trading today.
Get a huge 30% discount until November 30, 2016!
Win a FREE copy of Howard Bandys new book – CLOSED
Enter the giveaway to win a FREE copy of Howard Bandys latest book “Foundations of Trading: Developing Profitable Trading Systems using Scientific Techniques.”
We have 2 books to give away, the winners will be drawn 7th November 2016, so enter now and good luck!
Update Nov 7th – Congratulations to the winners U.T. from Denmark and E.T. from Canada, your copy of the ‘Foundations of Trading’ book is on it’s way!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Howard can be contacted on blueowlpress.com
- Books mentioned in the show:
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
30 October 2016