Jack Schwager needs no introduction.
He’s a well known expert in the industry, working for some of wall streets leading firms and is also one of the founders of FundSeeder.
Plus, he’s the author of the best-selling series of ‘Market Wizards’ books, which I’m sure most traders on this earth have read!
In this chat with Jack we discuss Optimization Myths, referencing some interesting results of a study that analyses the effectiveness of optimization…
The results may not be what you expect…
And could have a huge impact on the way we test and trade strategies.
There are plenty of other nuggets of info too, including:
- Optimization myths and the relationship between the best performing past and future parameter sets,
- Why you should rely less on optimization and more on developing and testing systems that eliminate hindsight,
- Why optimization adds very little to the power of a trading strategy and where to focus instead,
- How to properly assess trading results to determine if it’s your strategy or the market that’s actually any good
Resources mentioned in this episode
- You can learn more about Jack at jackschwager.com
- More information about FundSeeder can be found at fundseeder.com
- Books mentioned:
Share a quote with your friends
Get the Transcript
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
28 May 2017