Jeff Swanson from EasyLanguageMastery discusses how to avoid curve fitting your trading strategies using the “independent testing” technique, including:
- The things traders do that cause curvefitting,
- Is curvefitting a trading strategy really that bad?
- Independent testing and why you should use it when developing trading strategies,
- How to do independent testing of filters and using optimization to judge filter consistency,
- Testing combinations of filters and why you should look to remove filters instead of adding more,
- Plus, types of filters to test, where to get trading ideas, how long to test a trading idea, when to switch strategies off, combining filters, tweaking a strategy and much more!
► You can discover more from Jeff at https://easylanguagemastery.com
*** NOTE: Some of the audio in the video recording was distorted, if it’s too distracting try the clean audio version at the top of this page, it’s much better!. ***
Don’t forget to subscribe to the BST YouTube channel for all the latest updates and trading content:
Released: August 1st, 2021