We have a really interesting one here for you today, one that may challenge your existing thoughts on trading models.
I know this episode has certainly made me think about it from a different angle, so I hope you enjoy this.
Our guest for this episode is Kevin Saunders from Tribelet Capital.
Kevin is a specialist in electronic trading across many international exchanges, co-founding Non Correlated Capital in 2009, which later became a licensed CTA with more than USD 40 million under management.
He has won a bunch of awards for his trading and academic achievements, and he also developed a program here in Australia called the “Joey Experiment” which we’re going to talk a little bit about as well.
In our chat today you’ll discover:
- Why traders must disentangle themselves from the requirement that a model must work and produce money – and the alternative approach that uses charts more predictable than the underlying market,
- Why building a mathematical model is like creating a unicorn that doesn’t represent reality,
- Why traders need to stop thinking about building a model as a ‘solution’ and how to think about it instead,
- Plus much more.
Sounds interesting? Well let’s get started, and jump over now to my chat with Kevin.
- You can find out more about Kevin at tribeletcapital.com.au
- If you want to hear more from Kevin, along with many other top guests, join us at the 2018 ATAA conference. Check it out here.
Get the Transcript
18 February 2018