The guest for this episode is Jack Vogel from Alpha Architect, a quantitative asset management and consulting firm.
Jack has published a number of papers on SSRN and also co-authored a couple of books including “Quantitative Momentum: a practitioners guide to building a momentum-based stock selection system”.
In our chat with Jack you will hear:
- Momentum – what is it, what causes it and the different types you need to be aware of
- How to best apply momentum techniques to a portfolio
- Why measuring the quality of a trend is so important and how to do it
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Jack can be contacted on the website http://www.alphaarchitect.com/ or on twitter @jvogs02 and @alphaarchitect
- Alpha Architects white paper on momentum: http://blog.alphaarchitect.com/2015/12/01/quantitative-momentum-investing-philosophy/#gs.LrwL99I
- “Frog in the pan” paper: http://www3.nd.edu/~zda/Frog.pdf
- “Value and Momentum everywhere” paper: http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~lpederse/papers/ValMomEverywhere.pdf
- Books mentioned in the show:
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Get the Transcript
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!