This podcast episode made me think back to the very first computer I bought in my high school days.
We’re talking about the mid-1980, when computers were still relatively new.
Actually, my first computer was a commodore 64 (how good were they!), which my parents bought me, but the first computer I actually bought myself was a pretty serious computer at the time. It cost about 3 or 4 thousand dollars, which back then was quite a bit of money. And this computer only had a fraction of the power that we have in our mobile phones these days, but back then it was one of the fastest you could get.
Anyway, this computer had a special switch on the front of the case, it was called the ‘Turbo’ switch. I’m not exactly sure how it worked, but when some programs were running slow, I could flick the turbo switch on and time would stand still as the computer instantly accelerated it’s performance to warp speed!
And I was thinking, wouldn’t it be great if we could have a ‘Turbo’ switch for trading, where we could just flick the switch and instantly boost our performance?
Wouldn’t that be awesome?
Well, I don’t think such a switch exists unfortunately, but there are definitely things we can do to accelerate our performance, and that’s exactly what we’re discussing today with our special guest and leading performance coach Steve Ward.
Steve has over 25 years of teaching, coaching and training experience.
He works with traders, fund managers and banking professionals across the globe, helping them to improve their decision making, risk taking and ability to achieve and sustain high performance.
Steve’s work is focused on delivering evidence-based practical strategies and tactics, and in this podcast episode we discuss a number of performance accelerators in trading.
Here’s some of the things you’ll discover:
- The key factors that can accelerate trading performance,
- Why the ‘j-curve’ is so important for developing traders and how to shortcut the process to profitability,
- How the best traders manage the short-term discomforts of trading to achieve long-term gains,
- Why suppressing emotions in trading can be like trying to hold a beachball underwater, and how to improve our behavioural flexibility for higher performance,
- How situational awareness training used by the US marines can improve our trading abilities,
- Tips to functioning at our best in a world of hyper distractions,
- Plus, much more.
- You can find more from Steve at performanceedgeconsulting.co.uk
- Books mentioned in this podcast episode: