World Cup Trading Championship runner-up Scott Welsh joins us to discuss how “breaking the rules” and doing the opposite of “traditional” trading approaches can lead to higher returns, including:
- “Burning the ships” and how limiting beliefs are hurting traders,
- Why traders should “start from the end” and work backwards,
- Why it’s good to see losing in your trading,
- The 80/20 rule and why “getting the star” beats diversification,
- How to achieve real-life trading that’s better than the backtest,
- Selection bias – is it really so bad?
- Why you should say “screw you” to people who tell you that you can’t do it,
- Plus, doing the opposite to conventional trading wisdom, breaking the rules with indicators, strategies that never break, trading platforms, beating buy and hold, small profit targets, and much more.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the BST YouTube channel for all the latest updates and trading content:
Released: April 25th, 2021