Our guest for the episode is Gary Hart, the founder of Trendfinder Trading Systems, a company offering mechanical intra-day and swing trading strategies in futures.
Gary has been trading futures for close to two decades now, becoming a member of the NFA and a registered CTA.
He’s had a number of trading strategies take the top spots in Futures Truth rankings so we’re going to discuss how he builds trading strategies that do that plus we also cover a lot of other aspects of trading, including:
- The challenges of developing day-trading strategies and how to overcome them
- The worst time to trade intraday strategies that can hurt performance
- Why price-based strategies have lost their edge and how integrating additional data can provide superior performance over purely price-based strategies
- How to construct a portfolio of strategies and identify ones that complement each other
- Plus much more, including overfitting, optimization, swing-trading, correlation, market behaviour, index trading, volatility and reusing trading ideas.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- You can get more from Gary at trendfindertrading.com or by email [email protected]
- Books mentioned in the show:
Share a quote with your friends
Improve the performance of your trading strategies
Are you looking for a proven solution to CUT DRAWDOWNS and significantly improve the performance of your trading strategies?
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Get the Transcript
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!