Building robust trading strategies that can detect and adapt to market conditions can be a real challenge, and failure to do so can often result in poor trading performance and drawdowns.
How can we build more robust trading strategies that adapt to market conditions as they change?
Our guest for this episode, John Ehlers, who was also a guest on episode 48, joins us to share some common problems traders face when building trading strategies, along with tips on how to overcome them.
In our chat you will learn:
- Tips and techniques to detecting and adapting to market conditions
- Common problems traders face with indicators and how to fix them
- The 4 requirements to building a robust trading strategy
- How the conventional wisdom of using indicators causes late signals and how to use them to anticipate instead
- A simple technique to determine if your indicators are working properly for the market conditions
Take a look at our sponsor
Resources mentioned in this episode
- To learn more about John and his work, checkout his website mesasoftware.com
- He can also be contacted on [email protected]
- You can find John Ehlers articles for Stocks & Commodities here
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Get the Transcript
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!