Who wants a steadily rising equity curve with little or no drawdown? I’m sure most traders do, but unfortunately it doesn’t usually end up that way.
Drawdown is a big part of trading and can be one of the the biggest challenges traders face, so what techniques can we use to potentially help reduce drawdowns?
Our guest for this episode, Scott Phillips, is going to share techniques he uses to manage drawdowns in his own trading.
In our chat you will learn:
- How to quickly test a trading idea to determine if it’s worth more investigation
- Why it’s so important to understand market types, the impacts it could be having on your trading results and how you can leverage this knowledge to create strategies with enhanced performance
- How to improve your trading results through better trade management and multiple exits
Take a look at our sponsor
Market System Analyzer helps you maximize the performance of your trading strategies. It can be used to:
- Analyse and provide detailed performance statistics
- Find the optimal position sizing to reach your trading goals
- Detect over-optimized trading systems and prevent curve-fitting.
- Assess the sensitivity of trading results to trade order
- It also contains features such as Monte Carlo analysis and Equity curve trading
Get your free, 30-day, fully functional demo now from marketsystemanalyzer.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Scott can be contacted on [email protected]
- You can read some of Scotts trading and system development articles on EvilSpeculator.com here
- Books mentioned in the show:
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Get the Transcript
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!