Most trading strategies are built to find repeatable patterns in the market and then attempt to exploit any future occurrences of the pattern to make a profit.
There are lots of different ways to find patterns, and in this episode Brent Penfold talks to us about patterns in price action.
Brent is a full time trader, author, educator and licensed Futures Advisor, and in our chat you will learn:
- Why it can be better to focus primarily on price instead of a collection of indicators,
- How to identify patterns in price action,
- The dangers of trading stocks and why Futures are a superior trading instrument for active traders,
- How a ‘universal dataset’ can lessen the risk of datamining,
- How to blend individual systems into a portfolio to produce smooth equity curves.
PLUS, we announce the lucky winner of the Better System Trader ‘Super-package’ giveaway, worth almost $20,000!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- You can learn more about Brent at indextrader.com.au
- Books mentioned:
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.