This weeks show is going to be a little different to previous episodes.
A couple of weeks ago I went back through all the guests we’ve had on the show so far and realised how very fortunate we’ve been to have so many fantastic guests on the show, sharing their knowledge and experience, some of them with more than 50 years of trading experience!
To be honest, I’d actually forgotten some of the topics we’d covered so far and going back through them was an excellent reminder of all the valuable information the guests had shared, so for Episode 30 I thought it might be a good idea to revisit some of the highlights from the earlier episodes so that those that haven’t heard them will go and listen to them, and those who have already listened may get some value out of hearing the highlights again.
I know when I went back through them it reminded me of some things that I wanted to test or investigate further, and I really found it a valuable exercise so I hope you do too.
This episode will cover some of the highlights from episodes 1 to 20; some of my favourites and some of yours.
Show your support
While you’re listening, it would be great if you could show your support by leaving a brief review of the podcast in iTunes. This really helps to spread the word and reach even more listeners! Thanks so much for your support!
- How to find new trading ideas every day
- Using optimisation to understand market behaviour, not to find the optimal parameters
- How the level of market noise can indicate the type of strategy to trade
- Tips to creating robust models
- Avoiding over-optimised trading strategies
- Combining multiple conditions or strategies into an ensemble system
- Why simple systems are better than complex ones
- How market timing can improve strategy performance
- The concept of conditional trading and why you need to consider market context
- Testing the effectiveness of entry and exit rules
- The type of strategies that should have stops and when stops don’t make sense
- Factors to consider when choosing a position sizing strategy
- How dual momentum can produce profits and protect in a downturn
- Trading the equity curve to protect capital
- Why traders should focus on process and not outcome
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
25 October 2015