Welcome to the guest info page, created especially for podcast guests to give you more info on the podcast process and answer any questions you may have. If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for here, just shoot me an email: [email protected].
What is Better System Trader?
Better System Trader is a weekly podcast for all levels of system traders, with the goal of helping listeners become better traders. The podcast will focus on a number of key areas, including backtesting, trading psychology, money and risk management, trade management, trading styles, specific strategies and ideas, plus anything else that can assist listeners to improve as system traders.
Trading can be hard and there are a lot of people offering poor advice and attempting to take advantage of others. This podcast was created to ease the frustrations of trading, sharing the knowledge and experience of experts to help others on their journey to trading success.
Who is the host of Better System Trader?
That’s me, Andrew Swanscott. I live in Melbourne, Australia and have been generating and trading mechanical systems on the Australian and US stockmarkets since 2004.
My belief is you can never stop learning and improving as a trader so I’m constantly on the lookout for additional ideas and skills that can enhance my own trading.
Why have I been asked to be a guest on the show?
This podcast was created to share valuable experience and knowledge with others, providing only the best information that can really make a difference to traders’ results.
You’ve been invited to be a guest on this podcast because your experience and knowledge has a tremendous amount of value and inspiration to others. You’ve probably even helped me along my own trading journey so I want to share it with everyone else. Your insight, advice and valuable lessons will play a role in making listeners better traders.
What can I expect during the interview?
Each interview is tailored specifically to your area of expertise however the interview will loosely follow this structure:
- Introduction – A brief intro of you and your business
- Background – Tell us your personal story, how you got started, reasons, expectations, fears, intentions.
- Current Business – Where are you now? This is where we will really dig into your area of expertise. If you were a trader, we may ask questions such as:
- What type of trading do you do?
- Where do you get your trading ideas?
- How do you develop these into trading systems?
- How would you say your trading has changed over the years?
- How are your systems performing now?
- How do you measure and monitor their performance?
- What are your insights about the performance of your various systems?
- Challenges, highlights, lessons, specific questions related to your area of expertise.
- Advice to others – What are some of the pitfalls you see traders experiencing today? What advice would you give experienced traders to improve? What advice would you give a brand new trader just starting out?
- The closing auction – a fast-paced round of questions:
- What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learnt through trading?
- What’s the hardest part of trading?
- What is the best trading advice you have ever received?
- Can you share one of your personal habits that you strongly believe contributes to your success?
- Do you have a favourite website, online resource or trading expert that you’d like to mention?
- What’s your favourite trading book(s)?
- What’s the best way for listeners to get in touch with you?
- Conclusion – any last minute comments before wrapping up.
How long will the interview take?
An interview will usually last between 30-45 minutes so it’s best to schedule an hour to complete the entire interview process.
How many people listen to the show?
In just 1-2 days after episode release, thousands of traders would have listened to the episode, with numbers increasing substantially over the following weeks and months. These numbers are increasing each week as the podcast and website exposure increases too. The podcast was awarded Editors pick on Quantocracy.com and has been featured on a number of other trading websites and blogs with excellent reviews.
What type of traders listen to the show? Where are they located?
Please see the Demographics page for information on trading experience, reason for trading, main instruments traded and geography of the podcast audience.
How do we schedule a time for the interview?
Scheduling is easy, just click here to see available times and select a time slot that work best for you. Once we’ve confirmed a time we’ll send you a confirmation email along with another two email reminders closer to interview time.
How is the interview recorded?
All interviews are recorded over Skype. It is an audio only interview so you’re welcome to do it in your pyjamas. My Skype username is: swannyskype1
When will the interview be released?
Interviews are usually released 3-4 weeks after they’ve been recorded however if you’d like the interview to coincide with a specific campaign or event we can consider releasing on a specific week.
A few days before the interview gets released we’ll send you a reminder email. We’ll also send you an email on the day of launch so you can share with your friends, family and followers on Facebook, Twitter, email, carrier pigeon etc.
Where will my interview be posted?
Your interview will be posted on these major podcasting platforms:
It will also be shared with visitors on the BetterSystemTrader.com website, Twitter page and our email subscriber list.
What happens after the interview?
To add even more value for our listeners we’re always on the lookout for that little something extra. Perhaps you have additional content or services you’d like to share like a chapter of a book, a checklist, a basic trading strategy, a blog post, a download etc.
We’re happy to consider anything we think would benefit the listeners.
We may also see valuable opportunities in creating a little bonus out of the interview content ourselves and would be happy to discuss our ideas with you.
How can I make sure the interview is awesome?
A couple of pointers to making a fantastic interview:
- Come prepared with stories, advice or lessons, sharing your knowledge and experience is the best gift you can give the listeners,
- Use an external microphone or headset if possible, the microphone built into your laptop ain’t very good and we want to hear you! It doesn’t need to be expensive, this $12 headset will be good enough,
- Review the questions in the closing auction section listed above so we can keep up the momentum right to the end,
- Come with a bonus for the listeners, make them feel like it’s Christmas! See the previous question for ideas,
- Relax and have fun. If you’re worried about saying something ridiculous, don’t worry, I do it all the time. Plus we can always edit something out if you don’t want it aired.