Cesar was director of research for Connors Research for almost 9 years, developing quantitative trading models for individuals, prop traders and hedge funds.
In this episode he’s going to share the results of a quantitative study on stop losses, also testing out some common pieces of trading advice to see if they’re actually true.
Stops can have such a huge impact on trading results so I’m sure traders of all levels will find this research invaluable.
We will be discussing backtesting results and some charts. We’ll do our best to explain them for those listening along but if you’d also like to see the results while we discuss them, you can download a copy or even watch as a video in the sections below.
I hope you enjoy Cesars discussion of ‘Stops – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly’.
In this episode we discuss
- Different types of stop losses, their application and performance results
- Percentage vs Volatility based stop losses
- Intraday vs End of Day stop losses
- Trailing stops vs Targets
- Some common trading statements that are often assumed to be true and the results of testing them – do they hold up?
- The levels of Stop knowledge, which level are you at?
Show your support
While you’re listening, it would be great if you could show your support by leaving a brief review of the podcast in iTunes. This really helps to spread the word and reach even more listeners!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Cesar can be followed on his website alvarezquanttrading.com
- Here is an article Cesar published called ‘Maximum Loss Stops: Do you really need them?‘
Watch the Video
Download the supporting files
Get a free copy of the slides and the excel sheet of the test results:
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
27 December 2015