As markets become more mature and more efficient, it can be become increasingly difficult to find sustainable edges.
Many traders are looking at the same data and using the same techniques, so what are our options here?
2 of the obvious options we have are:
- Try to find a unique approach to the markets or at least something that isn’t so popular,
- Explore alternative markets where inefficiencies are more prevalent.
In this episode, our guest Bert Mouler is going to discuss both options and share his solutions.
Bert has been an independent trader for close to a decade and is the President and CIO of Profluent Capital, which uses advanced AI and machine learning technology to produce uncorrelated alpha for their clients.
In our chat today, you will learn:
- Cryptocurrency markets – what to trade, the huge inefficiencies that exist and finding edges in the bitcoin markets
- The advantages and disadvantages of Machine Learning and tips to use it effectively in trading
- Feature engineering and the importance of looking at data in unique ways
Take a look at our sponsor
Market System Analyzer helps you maximize the performance of your trading strategies. It can be used to:
- Analyse and provide detailed performance statistics
- Find the optimal position sizing to reach your trading goals
- Detect over-optimized trading systems and prevent curve-fitting.
- Assess the sensitivity of trading results to trade order
- It also contains features such as Monte Carlo analysis and Equity curve trading
Resources mentioned in this episode
Share a quote with your friends
Got A Question, Topic or Guest you want to see on the Podcast?
Do you have a specific question, topic or guest you’d like to see on a future podcast episode?
Click here and submit your suggestion for a chance to have it featured on an upcoming podcast episode.
Subscribe to Better System Trader and never miss another episode!
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
11 December 2016